Got a chance to barbecue some food today. So here I have my version of Sicilian Inspired Citrus Chicken. Very simple but really delicious too. I am no expert so the instructions provided below are simply for those who wish to give it a go. I also made a video which you can find by clicking here. The video was just for fun and provides no instructions.
- A bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Two small/One large Lemon (unwaxed)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (fresh or pre-prepared)
- Olive oil
- Dried Italian Herbs
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Jersey Royal Baby Potatoes
- Marinade the chicken in a bowl with all of the above ingredients. Add both the juice and zest of each lemon. Leave for as long as you can but any time is better than none.
- Prepare your barbecue for indirect cooking. Add the chicken and potatoes to your baking tray. Cook indirectly until both the chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Move the chicken to direct cooking over the coals to add that charred flavour to the meat.
- Add some chopped parsley to the potatoes for the final minutes of cooking.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
I chose to serve the chicken and potatoes with a simple salad including pea shoots, tomatoes, mozzarella, shallots and tromboncino with a balsamic glaze.
Have to say I was very pleased with this meal. Finished every last bit and could have eaten more. My 5 year old daughter also helped and insisted that we cook this again in the near future. The citrus flavour really makes it. Cooked over Resiliant Woodlands Charcoal and washed down with a can of Brewdog Elvis Juice. Probably not best suited but good nonetheless. Give it a go. Nice easy weekday meal.
Please follow the blogs Twitter feed @MunchandTattle
Written by Tomos Newland-Jones @MrNewland66